Safe Children, Stable Families, Successful Lives.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services. A COA Accredited Agency, CMCS has provided services in locations throughout Westchester and Rockland Counties, as well as the Bronx and Manhattan since 1946.
As a Cook, you will play an integral role in the lives of the children and families we support. You will oversee all food handling/storage, menu preparation (breakfast, lunch and snack), inventory and cleanliness of all kitchen appliances as regulated by the office of Head Start and Department of Health. Our Cook will work closely with other CMCS staff as it relates to children’s reactions to meals and adapting alternate meal/beverage options and coordinating nutritional experience and workshops. This position is fast pace and requires a great deal of coordinating and planning in advance to ensure smooth operations of kitchen activities.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum and Food Handler’s Certification
- 2-3 Years experience cooking in a school setting preferred
- Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s). No remote option available.
- Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to your education credentials and mandated criminal background check process
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required!
CMCS offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, in-service training, flexible work schedules, and competitive salaries. At CMCS, we believe in creating progressive career paths for our staff and provide advanced training to promote constant growth and change.
We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by applying today!