As a Retail Merchandiser, you’ll have the opportunity to work independently to showcase your organization and time management skills, your ability to establish retailer relationships, while being the face of Hallmark. You will collaborate with local store teams to optimize product placement and maintain inventory levels as well as support fellow team members with seasonal resets and installations, when needed. On occasion Hallmark may ask you to service another vendor’s product in a store that you are assigned to. If that is the case, you will be provided detailed instructions and additional budgeted time.
To learn more about this role, please click here to watch our retail merchandisers in action.
SALARY AND SHIFT DETAILS
- Your starting pay will be between $16.50 – $16.75 depending on your shift and location.
- This is a Part-Time position with a variable schedule during the work week.
- Weekly hours for this position is between 6 – 10 hours per week.
- Availability the week before and after major holidays, which may include weekends is required.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
You’ll perform service work in the Hallmark department of various retail stores such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores, and mass retailers. The retail merchandiser position consists of three major components:
- Day-to-day engagement: You are responsible for the entire Hallmark product display at your assigned stores. Utilizing a mobile device provided by Hallmark, you’ll restock, organize, and monitor the inventory of Hallmark products within and outside the Hallmark department. While using your mobile device you will also be in communication with your supervisor, reporting time, providing feedback, and answering surveys for required merchandising activities. Professional and courteous interaction with store employees, management, and customers is also vital for success in this role.
- Holiday support: Hallmark’s operations revolve around seasonal demand. Leading up to and following holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, you can expect additional days and extended hours during the work week. On occasions like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day, you may be required to work on the actual holiday itself, which may include the weekend.
- Department Resets: At times, you may be part of a team responsible for installations and various tasks like building and installing Hallmark fixtures, relocating card departments and products, as well as resetting card sections. Typically, you will be notified two weeks in advance for remodel assignments. This could include evenings or weekend.
- One Team Vision: As a field organization although you are assigned to your specific responsibilities there may be additional work and installation efforts that you will be asked and required to support.
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise, and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the workday and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your workday, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
- You’re at least 18 years of age.
- You’re able to read, write and understand English.
- You have the ability to grasp, pull, lift, and carry products up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information.
- You have access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet.
- You have reliable transportation to report to assigned locations.